Building up company knowledge,
structuring it for success
Following the 2010 World Cup, a leading sports association with global operations wanted to compile its experience, knowhow and methodology, and use this combined information to develop senior- and junior-level manuals for all function-specific topics as reference material for organising subsequent events.
- The 25-plus divisions had never collaborated in the past and there was no standard application of the cross-organisational requirements on project and knowledge management.
- The project manuals’ objective was to support the development and communication of project requirements and the effective implementation of event contracts.
- Verify and validate the information in all project manuals
- Optimise all manuals: standardise the structure, style, consistency of content, cross-references and terminology – for individual documents as well as for the knowledge databases we designed
- Align them with existing framework contracts and standard practices at major football events
- Develop a project plan and model for follow-up dynamic digitalisation measures
- Integrated analysis and preparation of all World Cup project manuals
- Consistent wording and documentation of all requirements, processes and methods
- Facilitated execution of World Cup tournaments in terms of organisation and planning as well as the implementation of infrastructure and service requirements