Sports infrastructures: what, how, where?
Plans for the initial layout of spaces and functions in all World Cup stadiums and their surrounding area were required in the run-up to the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups.
- Enhance the basic drafts submitted by the local organising committees, without causing any friction, in accordance with the existing technical recommendations and requirements as well as the operational necessities of a football World Cup.
- Create area and spatial planning checklists, taking into account all applicable World Cup specifications
- Adapt existing drafts
- Compare drafts with the extensive network of experts, ensure specific functional and technical requirements
- Establish that stadiums are properly aligned with specific local needs, such as setting up prayer facilities
- Prepare, head and document project meetings between the client, the local organising committee and stadium representatives
- Needs-based planning for permanent infrastructures delivered at the earliest possible date
- Optimised existing stadium designs, eliminating the need for extensive rebuilding measures at a later date